The bank teller position at our Hillsboro, Texas Banking Center is responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving functions for customers in person and through the mail, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashier’s checks and cash advances. All actions will align with the Bank’s mission and guiding principles.
- Prompt and efficient customer transactions.
- Receiving checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifying amount, examining checks for proper endorsement and entering deposit into the computer system.
- Cashing checks and processing withdrawals; paying out money after verification of signatures and account balances.
- Counting, verifying and packaging coin and currency.
- Balancing cash drawers at the end of the shift and comparing total amounts to the computer generated sheet and reporting any discrepancies.
- Reporting malfunctions of the teller terminals and any other equipment used at the teller station.
- Checking night depository bags and recording proper information.
- Assisting customers with routine inquiries regarding account balances and account information.
- Issuing cashier’s checks.
- Processing change orders.
- Accepting loan payments and ensuring they are processed properly.
- Processing inbound and outbound collections, as assigned.
- Attending training and maintaining a basic knowledge of procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable bank and government regulations.
- Maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of customer, employee and bank information.
- Ensuring that the teller stations are properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Part-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: In person
The First National Bank of Central Texas, with over one hundred employees, and an asset size of over $1.4 Billion, is poised for continued growth and fulfilling our mission of: “excellent service in a friendly environment for the prosperity of our communities.